This role will be responsible for the Health and Safety Management of the existing two wind turbines within the Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind (CVOW) pilot project as well as the future Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind (CVOW) Commercial project both during construction and transitioning into operations. This position will report directly to the Manager of Generation Construction Safety and work directly with the construction team while the project is built to ensure safety is the number one core value. After the completion of construction this position will then transition into the operations team to be a safety resource for the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review safety documents (contractor & Dominion Energy), write safety expectations and procedures, perform periodic audits, and serve as a mentor to other safety professionals on the project
- Manage and support assigned phases of major projects including design reviews for safety concerns.
- Review and update the Safety Management System (SMS) plan as required and ensures Dominion Energy and Contract personnel adherence
- Develop relationships with the contractor’s management and safety teams as well as to keep our Dominion Energy team safe.
- arrange for Global Wind Organization training, participate in rescue drills, and keep management aware of issues and concerns.
- Supervision of contractor safety coordinators during construction/operations activities.
- Work with and act as a company liaison to external regulatory agencies such as US Coast Guard, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for offshore wind
- Conduct benchmarking and best practice reviews of existing safety practices in offshore wind and work to incorporate practices that can improve overall safety performance into existing safety programs for both construction & operations activities.
- Provide guidance and support acting as a subject matter expert to the Dominion Energy leadership team on safety items/issues associated with offshore wind work tasks
Relocation can be offered to the successful eligible candidate.
Sponsorship of a work visa can be considered for this role.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in safety management of large and technically complex activities including developing, implementing and managing new construction and/or improvement projects, industrial hygiene, EHS, and/or related.
- Skilled in developing, implementing and managing new construction and/or improvement projects that enhance the overall safety.
- Ability to resolve technical problems, operational challenges, and implement changes. Ability to respond to changing conditions and requirements, evaluate options, and implement changes. Ability to manage multiple contracts and vendors.
- Strong team building skills.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to develop, manage and monitor project performance to ensure results meet project requirements and schedules.
- Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to represent the project and the company in public forums.
Preferred: Demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities from experience related to marine energy development, marine construction, heavy civil construction, coastal infrastructure and/or port & harbor development.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications.
Note: A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or more rounds to one full year of qualifications.
• Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined.
Required Degree (equivalency not accepted in lieu of required degree):
- Engineering Technology
- Industrial Hygiene
Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Working ConditionsCold Up to 25%Dust / Grease / Oil Up to 25%Fumes Up to 25%Heat Up to 25%Loud Noise Up to 25%Outdoors Up to 25%Office Work Environment 76 -100%Pressurized Lines & Valves Up to 25%Radiation Up to 25%Travel Up to 25%Other Working ConditionsTest Description
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it’s the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy
1. Great Work Life Balance2. Generous Pay and Benefits3. Collaborative & Inclusive Culture
About Dominion Energy
I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable. I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy. We’re transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We’re shaping the future of energy in America. Join us!
Facts:·21,000 employees·Headquarters: Richmond, VA·18 states in the US·$100 billion of assets·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Nearest Major Market: RichmondJob Segment: Program Manager, Safety, Wind Energy, Engineer, Manager, Management, Energy, Service, Engineering