- Hybrid work
- Full time, Day
- Travel: Yes, 5%
- Located at 1341 Crossways Blvd, Chesapeake
The Environmental Health and Safety Analyst participates in Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) activities, such as inspections, audits, and training. Provides support for special projects or issues that have the potential to affect employee health and safety.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Ensures injured employees receive proper medical attention and maintains close liaison with preferred medical providers and Third-Party Administrator (TPA) and sometimes makes claims adjustments.
- Assists the Safety Manager and Consultant to ensure that the company makes every effort to reasonably accommodate employees with physical challenges and modified duty restrictions due to a workplace injury.
- Ensures all claims are investigated and reported to TPA in a timely manner.
- Conducts ergonomic assessments, studies complaints, makes recommendations for new workstations/work environments and conducts ergonomic training sessions.
- Coordinates and/or conducts ongoing Safety, Health & Environmental initiatives including ongoing or new safety training programs.
- Assists in maintaining current and accurate recordkeeping, including but not limited to the OSHA 300 process, Worker’s Compensation and DOT/driver files in markets/states where applicable.
- Assists in communications/presentations for New Employee Orientation, Safety Committee, Leadership, and company communications to enhance the development of safety initiatives.
- Has access to confidential employee records including safety, risk, and employee information and maintains confidentiality, including HIPAA requirements.
- Assists the Safety Consultants/Managers to proactively audit, assess and maintain safety and risk mitigation programs, oversight of contracted services, and expansion of enterprise risk management by serving on safety committees.
- Assists in identifying unsafe conditions. Helps determines accident/incident root causal factors and with recommendations for appropriate remedial actions.
- Assists with investigations of serious events as needed, which might include communication and documentation of the errors of the events in accordance with legal requirements and/or applicable standards.
- Helps coordinate and/or delivers risk and safety management orientation and continuing education programs for providers, management, and staff to enhance awareness of their role in employee safety, risk reduction, and event reporting for that region.
- Proactively builds relationships with other departments and function groups
- Performs safety inspections and observations of COX owned facilities and working locations
- Participates in Business Continuity Planning (BCP) events as assigned.
- Performs vehicle inspections as assigned.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned that are appropriate for the level of skills and qualifications required of a Safety and Risk Specialist
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. The right candidate could also have 4 years’ experience in a related field (Safety/Risk)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to balance quickly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Advanced written, verbal communication and people skills.
- Valid State Driver’s License and in good standing.
- Able to regularly travel, including overnight travel. (Region specific)
For more information and to apply, click here.