Safety Services Consultant- Hortica
Safety Services Consultant – Hortica
At Hortica, we believe people are our competitive advantage. We strive to attract, train and motivate our employees to keep Hortica as a market leader in our industry. We are committed to hiring people with the potential to excel. As a brand of the Sentry Insurance Group, we are the insurance specialists for the horticultural industry in America.
What You’ll Do
The ideal Safety Consultant will be located in Richmond, VA or Raleigh/Durham, NC and be able to conduct onsite safety and risk assessments and training to our business insurance customers located the Southeast Territory (VA, NC, SC, TN and GA). You will also participate in training and development through Home Office training, field job shadowing, safety conferences and department professional networking opportunities.
Additionally, you’ll:• Conduct onsite risk evaluation surveys and complete detailed reports to assist our Underwriting groups with account acceptability.• Provide risk management and consultative services to businesses by developing and implementing safety polices, programs and procedures specific to each account.• Develop and demonstrate safety management expertise in areas such as commercial property protection, employee safety, product and employment liability and vehicle safety.• Develop, coordinate and conduct safety/risk management training programs for accounts to promote awareness and reduce claim frequency and severity.• Develop and execute service proposals and plans to large accounts..
What it Takes
• Bachelors Degree required• Emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, or Physical Sciences preferred• 1-3 plus years of insurance safety consulting or safety work in a private industry• High level of independence, organization, and self motivation to work from home• Ability to coordinate and service large accounts with multi location operations• Familiarity with occupational safety and fire protection standards or regulations• High level of verbal and written communication skills• Acceptable motor vehicle record for travel 3-4 days/week and overnights as needed (2-5/month)• Desire to pursue professionals Safety designations including CSP and/or other designations
What You’ll Receive
Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Apryl Marti at 6186551707 APRYL.MARTI@SENTRY.COM
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.