Segra is a recently acquired company of Cox Cable.
Charlotte, NC, USA ● Virtual Req
Date Posted: Monday, July 25, 2022
We are Segra. We are one of the largest independent fiber network companies in the Eastern US. Segra has a broad and dense service footprint across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. We are known for our future-forward infrastructure and state-of-the-art voice and data technology solutions for businesses and the public sector, as well as wholesale transport services to some of the world’s largest carriers. Our network features the latest advances in, IP, Ethernet, and dark fiber architectures, as well as high performance data centers throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. In addition, our network powers technology solutions such has Hosted Voice, Security and Cloud. We have engineered our entire company operations to put our customers at the very center of everything we do.
We invest in the communities of our customers by hiring locally and continually upgrading our network infrastructure. We have over 900 employees in 90 facilities, including 14 sales offices in 44 markets. We exist purely to help businesses within our footprint be successful. Come join us as we continue to grow and provide our customers a superior customer experience.
Segra is searching for a Safety Manager to work within the Segra footprint. This position will be responsible for monitoring, identifying, evaluating and mitigating operational and strategic risks. The Safety Manager will design and direct programs to ensure compliance as well as reduce accidents, illnesses and exposure to health hazards. This role will be responsible for creating and coordinating contingency planning, supporting business continuity efforts and implementing response plans, disaster recovery plans and first responder training. In addition, the Safety Manager will be responsible for managing and ensuring compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
The ideal candidate will have a full understanding and proven experience with incident management, operational resiliency and compliance factors associated with the telecommunications industry. Excellent communication and presentation skills are crucial for this role. The Safety Manager must have the ability to travel and conduct onsite visits and training throughout our footprint in NC, SC, VA and WV.
– College degree and/or commensurate experience in safety/risk management or related fields;
– 7+ years direct experience working with engineering, operations, safety, and human resources;
– Experience working with utility or telecommunication construction a plus;
– Certified Safety Specialist or equivalent certification;
– Extensive knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards;
– Understanding of workplace safety compliance standards;
– Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
– Successful project management experience as well as organization skills and attention to detail;
– Strong supervisory and leadership skills;
– Proficiency with MS Office.